Facelift Without Surgery: Best Way To Rejuvenate AppearanceMay 15, 2021
Facelift without surgery is already possible. Nowadays, there are ways to achieve a facelift without undergoing invasive procedures. In this case, try to visit this link here if you are looking for a plastic surgeon and experience how their team can restore your youth and self-esteem.
What is a facelift without surgery?
A non-surgical facelift is a procedure wherein the patient doesn’t need to undergo invasive methods. In other words, you don’t have to undergo a knife to achieve the youthful appearance you dreamed of.
Generally speaking, we cannot remove the fact that there is fear when we think over a procedure. However, with the help of continuous advancement, some processes don’t need to push through surgically.
One of these methods is the facelift. A non-surgical facelift is a combined application of minimally invasive and non-surgical procedures to improve patients’ appearance.
Pros and cons of a facelift without surgery
If you choose to undergo a facelift without surgery, it offers several advantages. A plastic surgeon can finish the procedure quickly. They can complete a session in less than an hour. Additionally, you will only feel a slight discomfort while you undergo a non-surgical facelift.
Moreover, your surgeon does not have to apply general anesthesia before proceeding with the process. Additionally, they will not make large incisions, making it less risky.
Furthermore, a facelift without surgery is more affordable than the other treatment options available to restore appearance. For the most part, it will not require a longer time of recovery.
Some of these non-surgical procedures may allow you to return to your usual activities even on the same day. Isn’t this advantageous for you?
On the other hand, we also have to know the potential drawbacks of choosing the non-surgical way. First and foremost, the patient cannot expect beyond what the procedures can offer, compared to surgical plastic surgery.
Another consideration you have to take is that these treatments require repetition in about three months, for instance. For this reason, the costs you will incur can add up over months.
Types of non-surgical facelifts
Various types of non-invasive techniques are available. The plastic surgeon will apply the option that can meet the patient’s individual needs and requirement. Below are a few of them.
- Dermal fillers: It is the primary example of a non-surgical facelift technique. The procedure involves smooth gel injectables that can restore the lost volume in your facial features. Moreover, the results are immediate after application.
- Thread lift: In this procedure, the surgeon will insert a fine, absorbable thread in target areas of the face. In effect, it can provide a natural-looking lift. Besides that, there is no need to remove any loose skin. In effect, it seems like a slight pull of your skin backwards, which can make you look younger.
- Botox: It allows the target muscles to relax temporarily. This procedure works on smoothing wrinkles, forehead creases, frown lines, and crow’s feet. However, it might take 1-2 weeks before you see the results. Additionally, the effect can last up to three months before you have to undergo the procedure again.
Saying NO to needles
Aside from the procedures we mentioned above, other techniques do not require needles as well. Please see them below.
- Laser treatments: It is a procedure that involves tightening of the pores. It may also take only less than an hour to complete the process.
- Micro-needling radiofrequency: This procedure includes the refinement of open pores. However, you have to undergo up to four sessions if you choose this technique.
- Carboxytherapy: Using this procedure, the surgeon will diffuse CO2 gas in the middle layer of the skin. In effect, it will cause hypoxia or the reduction of oxygen supply to the targeted area. This procedure leads to more collagen production and skin rejuvenation.
- Cryolipolysis: It involves a freezing method that will dissolve the excess fat under the chin. The procedure usually requires one to two sessions.
- Chemical peels: The use of advanced chemical peels will help shrink large pores and provide overall skin quality improvement.
- High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) technology: It is a technological advancement that helps collagen production using ultrasound energy. In effect, the skin can become firmer than before.
As you can see, several options can keep you away from surgical procedures if you want to improve your appearance. However, you have to coordinate with your plastic surgeon closely to ensure the most appropriate method for you.
Risks associated with non-surgical facelifts
Even though these techniques are lesser invasive than the traditional facelift, potential risks are still involved. We have stated a few of them below. These risks may vary per procedure type.
- temporary facial droop
- bacterial infection
Aside from what we mentioned above, some more risks can be associated with these non-surgical facelift methods. For this reason, it would be best to get all the details from your plastic surgeon.
This way, you would be able to make all the considerations you need and weigh between the risks and benefits involved in the procedure.
When it comes to self-improvement, some cases involve improving the appearance. There’s nothing wrong with enhancing your physical appearance if you know that it could benefit you in the long run.
However, you should also know that these non-surgical treatments do have their limitations. It includes the nonpermanent results and maintenance they require to keep it that way.
No matter how cost-effective these techniques can be, it would still be best to work with a certified dermatologist or a surgeon with extensive experience performing them.
Aging is a natural process that no one could ever control. It involves various changes in your body and appearance. On the other hand, medical advancements allow us to manage the reflection of aging.
These advancements allow us to stay youthful in appearance regardless of our age. However, we should keep in mind that appearance is not all that matters to look younger.
All in all, we should take care of our overall health to look and feel young, inside and out.